Digital Images for Jurying
All work must be original, produced by the artist, and signed. Limited editions must be appropriately numbered or identified as artist’s proofs. Reproductions must be clearly identified. Wearable Art and Fine Crafts must be of original design and individually made. Artwork displayed should be a result of the artistic category in which you are applying and representative of the artwork in your application.
There will be approximately 160 booths. Each booth area is 12’ x 12’ and located on grass. Tents and display equipment are the artist’s responsibility and must be limited to the assigned space. All materials must be kept within the booth area. Booth assignments will be made during the summer. Booth sharing is not permitted. Be prepared for rain or shine, cold or hot weather. Electricity is not available and generators are not allowed. Battery-operated lights are permitted. Smoking is not permitted at the Art Show, nor are dogs allowed.
On Saturday, judges will select artists for awards. Please indicate on the application form the medium in which you wish to be judged and listed in the Show brochure. The categories are Oils/Acrylics/Watercolors, Printmaking/Drawings/Pastels, Photography/Digital Art, Sculpture, Mixed Media (more than one medium within one work), Wearable Art, Fine Crafts. To ensure a well-balanced event, each category will be limited. Judges begin viewing at 9:30 am. Awards are presented on Sunday morning.
SET-UP & BREAKDOWN PROCEDURES
Set up: Friday noon-6pm; Saturday 6:30am to 9:00am
Breakdown: Sunday after 5:15pm when it is deemed safe for pedestrians
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Artists MUST be present both days of the show from opening to closing.
- All work must be the artist’s original work and representative of the work submitted with his/her application.
- The booth area is 12’x12’. All work and materials for packing must be stored in or behind the booth.
- Artists are responsible for picking up trash around their display area.
- Electricity is not provided.
- Displays must be professional in appearance and consistent with application images.
- Exhibitors may not display ribbons, awards or prizes received at previous shows including prior Armonk Outdoor Art Shows.
- Artists will be responsible for obtaining their own insurance, if desired.
- No artwork from molds, kits, or other commercial methods is allowed. Ready-made objects (i.e., clothing, furniture) which have been embellished, painted, decorated, dyed or batiked will not be accepted.
- No posters, postcards, t-shirts, books or personal merchandise can be sold at the show.
- SALES TAX:The New York State Taxation Department requires artists to have a "Certificate of Authority". To apply for form DTF-17, call 1-518-457-5431. The form is also available from the Tax Department's website, www.tax.ny.gov. Sales tax in Westchester County is 8.38%.
Artists who cancel 60 days prior to the show will receive a 75% refund of the booth fee. After this date, refunds will only be considered if extenuating circumstances are presented in writing. These circumstances will be reviewed by the Board and a decision will be made whether or not a refund will be given.
Restrooms are available toward the back of artists’ parking and also at the Tennis Bubble office just beyond the Parking Lot Restrooms. Showers are also available in the Tennis Bubble office. There are port-a-johns on the field perimeter.
IN CASE OF EMERGENCY
If for any reason you will be delayed in your arrival to set up or exhibit at the show, please notify us by leaving a message at email@example.com. Also, if you are an accepted artist and, for any reason, are unable to exhibit this year, please let us know as soon as possible. There are artists on our waiting list who are waiting for an opening.