ARTIST WAIT LIST
APPLICATION FOR 2020
The 59th ARMONK OUTDOOR ART SHOW
October 3-4, 2020
NORTH CASTLE COMMUNITY PARK
The October 3-4 Armonk Outdoor Art Show is full. However, openings occur over the summer. If you would like to be on the Wait List, please follow instructions below. Please make sure you read and understand the Rules and Artwork Requirements before completing the application. Questions may be directed to Judy Moniz at email@example.com.
WAIT LIST APPLICATION FOR 2020
- Open Wait-List Application
- Submit the application on-line with digital images (details below).
- The application fee ($40) is payable by credit card.
- If we can offer you a spot, we’ll request the booth fee at that time--the 2020 booth fee is $425.
DIGITAL IMAGES FOR JURYING
- 4 representational images of artwork completed within the last 2 years, 1 of booth displaying the full range of artwork. If you have submitted images in the past, these must be images of new work.
- Each image must be identified with artist’s surname, first name and by number corresponding with image description on application, i.e., smithjane1.jpg
- Recommended Dimensions: 1920 pixels on the longest side. Note: To assist artists who do not have images that are 1920 pixels or larger, the system will also accept images that are at least 1400 pixels on the longest side.
- File Format: Save all images as Baseline Standard JPEG. Do not save as a Progressive JPEG.
- File Size: JPEGs should be under 5 MB in size.
- Recommended Resolution: between 72 and 300 ppi
- Color space: Save images in RGB color space, preferably sRGB.
RULES AND ARTWORK REQUIREMENTS
All work must be original, produced by the artist, and signed. Limited editions must be appropriately numbered or identified as artist’s proofs. Reproductions must be clearly identified. Wearable Art and Fine Crafts must be of original design and individually made. Artwork displayed should be a result of the artistic category in which you are applying.
There will be approximately 200 booths.Each booth area is 12’ x 12’ and located on grass. Tents and display equipment are the artist’s responsibility and must be limited to the assigned space. All materials must be kept within the booth area. Booth assignments will be made during the summer. Booth sharing is not permitted. Be prepared for rain or shine, cold or hot weather. Electricity is not available and generators are not allowed. Battery-operated lights are permitted. Smoking is not permitted at the Art Show, nor are dogs allowed.
On Saturday judges will select artists for awards. Please indicate on the application form the medium in which you wish to be judged as well as listed in the Show directory. The categories are Oils/Acrylics/Watercolors, Printmaking/Drawings/Pastels, Photography/Digital Art, Sculpture, Mixed Media (more than one medium within one work), Wearable Art, Fine Crafts. To ensure a well-balanced event, each category will be limited. Judges begin viewing at 9:30. Awards are presented on Sunday morning.
THE WEEKEND OF THE SHOW
Show hours are 10 am to 5 pm Saturday and Sunday. Set-up is permitted Friday between 12 noon and 6 pm and Saturday 6:30am-9:00am.
VEHICLES AND PARKING:
Parking for one vehicle per artist will be provided at the artists’ parking lot adjacent to the Show. Artists must be parked there by 9:00 am and may not move their vehicles until after Show hours. Please advise your patrons and assistants that the artist parking lot is reserved for artists only. Golf cart transport to visitor lots is available for large art purchases. Artists shall comply with all applicable vehicle insurance requirements. Dismantling on Saturday and Sunday may begin at 5:15 pm unless it is deemed unsafe for pedestrians. NO vehicles will be allowed on the field if it is wet. Please bring hand carts.
The New York State Taxation Department requires artists to have a “Certificate of Authority.” To apply for form DTF-17, call 1-518-457-5431. The form is also available from the Tax Department’s website, www.tax.ny.gov.
If for any reason you are unable to attend the Show, as a a courtesy to fellow artists and the Show, please notify us immediately by telephone. If an emergency arises during the Show and it is necessary to leave, you must notify a Show official before you dismantle. The Friends of the North Castle Public Library does not assume responsibility for exhibits or artwork. The Art Show Committee reserves the right to make all decisions concerning participation. There will be no rain dates or refunds in the event the Show must be canceled.